Wednesday, December 04, 2013

A Little Way

Little things are humble things. Like this blog. Once thousands read it, but all that changed and I think I'm here alone. But I started this blog so that I could share my journey with Jesus, and thousands of readers or none, I still want to do that. Only I want to be more faithful. I haven't been that with writing for a long time.

I'm not young. I'm not old either, but I'm definitely not young, and I've been hearing about some lovies I know who have gotten cancer. Two are already gone to be with Jesus. It presses on me how our lives are but a vapor. None of us will be here very long. I ask myself what I want to do with my one, wild life, and the answer, with a few variations, is the same: I want to tell people, especially broken people, that Jesus loves them.

I've done this in a few big ways. Now all I have is little ways. It has to do, because it's all that's left. Sometimes I grieve my losses, and then feel ashamed because the little way has the essential component of my life well-lived: I get to tell someone about Jesus' love. When I'm gone, I'll be glad I got to say, "Jesus loves you. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. You are loved. Cherished. Desired by God, who made you." I know this is true. So be at peace. And try not to make a mess of things.

Wasn't that simple? Thanks for listening to my big, little spiel. Thanks. Whoever you are.

4 comments:

Tracey M. Lewis-Giggetts said...

We're listening, Love.

Nedra J. Smith said...

Not everyone knows that Jesus loves them, so of course, you matter and we hear you.

I think you taught me that it's okay to own my stuff. It's there whether I claim it or not. All that without ever having met outside of the pages of your books and your words here online.

Thank you.

May your day close better than the way it may have opened, and may you be blessed with peace.

ragamuffin diva said...

Awwww! Y'all are the best. I love y'all!

Laura Jackson said...

We are here, listening, learning and processing your words and experiences with our experiences.