Thursday, August 26, 2010

Coming Soon: Our "Your Whole Life" Journey!!! Yay!!!!

Okay, so enough depression and sucky relationship failure stuff already. I went to the doctor today and got a suitcase full of medication that hopefully won't take me to darker, more despairing places (sometimes, they do. Have mercy, Jesus!). Of course the doctor said it's very important to get back on my exercise regime. Lovies, these joints of mine are strained beneath this weight I carry. But Wednesday, September 1st is my birthday. My birthday is just like the new year for me, and I like to do it big! Do you know what I want for my birthday/new year, besides art supplies and an Amazon gift certificate? LOL. I want to take a journey that will help me to take care of me. That's right. If I was on a plane, this would be me putting my mask on first, before I can help anyone else with theirs. But you know me, I like community, especially this one. I'm asking a dozen of you to join me in using this fabulous resource:
http://www.paracletepress.com/your-whole-life-the-3d-plan-for-eating-right-living-well-and-loving-god.html

Here's the website: http://www.3dyourwholelife.com/home.html

For the twelve of you who will dive in with me for 12 weeks, you'll receive a complimentary copy of Carol and Maggie's book, Your Whole Life, the 3D Plan for Eating Right, Living Well, and Loving God, and the journal that goes with it. Once a week, on Wednesdays, we'll chart our progress right here on the blog. I don't mean we'll do any weigh-ins or anything. Don't be skeert.We'll just share the journey, in much the same way that we always do. It's a way to testify of the goodness of God as he meets us on this road. If you sign up, you really do have to participate, but I don't think that's too much to ask. Oh yeah. I'll need your mailing address as soon as possible.

I would love it so much if twelve of you joined me. Please, please, please!!! So, who's in?

Much love,
mair

P.S. You don't have to be "substantial" in weight to do this. Thin doesn't always mean fit or healthy.

P.S.S. This weekend my dear friend and soul mama, Frederica Mathewes-Green, and I are gonna kick it about The Jesus Prayer. Don't miss it!

11 comments:

~Leslie said...

you know i wanna be down!!! :D

ragamuffin diva said...

You are SO down, Leslie. And we have to catch up soon. So much to talk about!

Ally said...

Hi, i'm ally. i've read your blog for months now but i don't think i've ever left a comment so if it's too weird for me to to say that i'd love to join on this, i totally understand. To be honest, i don't know what's gotten me out of my "i'll read but no way will i ever speak up" zone except maybe for the fact that this might be something that could definitely help me. So yeah, if you're cool, i'm cool. :-)

ragamuffin diva said...

Yay, Ally!!!! Welcome, and I'm so glad we're going to do this together. It's all good, sis. Truly, it's all good!

ragamuffin diva said...

Oh! Ally and Leslie, please email me your snail mail addresses at:

claudia.mair.burney@gmail.com

Yay!!!!!

Tracey M. Lewis-Giggetts said...

Mair, I'm so with you. I've been battling weight and fibro and fatigue for too long. It would be great to be in a community of other fighters. I'm in! Will snail mail my address. - Tracey

MaryAnn M said...

i like the idea...but i am already mix/matching w other programs to bring fullness and health and balance to my life. one more..woo! overload!
but i wanted to pipe in: YAYAY for you Mair who is sounding better already!! even if the suitcase of meds hasnt fully kicked in yet (and may not hit full level for a few weeks) YOU SOUND LIKE THERE IS LIGHT AND HOPE AND ENERGY there
and that, my dear friend, is a great place to start

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Me me me me me!!!! I SO need something like this, and the timing is, shall we say, divine. :D Just finished my last contracted manuscript, have a month to finally BREATHE (meaning I'll actually have the time to set up a habit like this) and good gravy, sistah, I saw myself naked in a full-length mirror for the first time this week and, well, wow. Talk about a motivator.

Do you have my addy, or do you need me to send it?

Grams said...

I am soooo excited about this, Claudia. This will be the FIRST blog group for Your Whole Life. We are breaking ground girls. I entered orders this morn for the freebie books to be sent to you 10 gals so you should them soon. Please email me at trevaw@paracletepress.com if you have questions about the program before we start. It'll be great to be on a journey with other folks.
Can't wait to meet each of you and walk together into wholeness. Treva

Melissa said...

Hey...COUNT ME IN, if it isn't too late!!!!

Lois said...

I, too, would like to join. I've never blogged, but I sure have dieted! More importantly, I love Your Whole Life and look forward to hearing what you all have to say!