Saturday, June 19, 2010

Will You Join Me in My New Adventure?

Hey lovies,

Last time I wrote I told you about the incredible opportunity I got to get a scholarship from Xavier University's Institute for Black Catholic Studies. I asked if any of you would be interested in helping me get there. If I may lay out things for you for a moment, a few months ago, I had a check stolen and fraudulently cashed. The time that it took for the for the bank to investigate was rough on my family. We got far behind in bills--we were far behind even if the check had not be stolen. By the time it was replaced we had a lot of fires to put out. Fortunately, we are now fire free, and I have to admit, we did a few things we enjoyed, too. Just a few. I really didn't think I'd be accepted into the program this year. And be given a scholarship at that! So, I wasn't prepared for this, although I'm thrilled. My friend Alison said God's fingerprints are all over this one, and it's so true, but I still a little help.

There are several expenses the scholarship doesn't cover, as well what it will cost for me to travel there and back. They're out of reach right now. I know God will provide, but most likely he will use people to do so. So, I'm inviting you, if you feel so led, to be one of those people. I'm getting a Master of Theology degree, with the hopes of being able to serve you, and my sweet Lord Jesus, even more, and hopefully better. If you'd like to join me in my new adventure, please click on the Chipin Widgit to the right. You'll be investing in my ministry by helping me get to Xavier, and to pay some fees I couldn't handle with out you. I'm soooo grateful.

Another option is you can buy an autographed copy of God Alone is Enough from me for $15.00 plus $5.00 shipping. You can send a check (quickly!) or pay via paypal. Email me for details at claudia.mair.burney@gmail.com

I have one more option, lovies. My friend Alison also suggested that I offer Sunshine Abbey soulcare appointments by phone or chat. They'd regularly be $40.00 for an hour, but you can get one for half-price, or two for the price of one. I'd have to schedule you after I return in mid July, but if you can wait til then, I certainly can.

Some of you will help me simply through prayer. Lovies, I sure do need it. I am totally grateful for any love-soaked contribution, especially if it's prayer you're offering.

Many thanks. I'm packing as if God is already doing it, for surely he is.

love,
mair-francis

1 comment:

GailNHB said...

Okay, so I know I've been out of the loop for a while. But it seems like that chip-in thing filled up nice and quickly for you, huh? Good for you. Go God!!!

Get ready to study and grow and learn and teach and be blessed to continue to be a blessing. I look forward to more stories of more miracles.

And can you send me your address so I can get an autographed copy of the book?????