Monday, June 28, 2010

No Ways Tired

"I don't feel no ways tired. I've come too far from where I started from. Nobody told me that the road would be easy. I don't believe He brought me this far to leave me."

Even as I type these words tears sting my eyes. We began this evening with Mass, or what lead praise dancer, Judy Lagier, called a BIG celebration. Big celebration is also the name of the Malian dance the graceful young women did to worship. I wish you could have seen them in their kente cloth covered leotards, and Ms. Lagier had to be most elegant (at 62!). There were drummers, and a choir so powerful the angels must have paused to listen. I was home at last.

The priest told us in his homily that none of us were there by accident, but rarely have I believed such liberating words. I've worn mourning clothes since I left Raphael, but tonight my Father who rescued me from that situation, gave me back my color. Tonight I feel like I'm spinning around in a Kaleidoscope with color exploding in my soul. I didn't put on the garment of praise. Not myself. My Father gently held out his hand and I simply handed over the spirit of heaviness. It was he who cloaked me in the grace colored, brand new gear.

For the first time in a long time,as the beloved spiritual says, I don't feel no ways tired. The story behind me seems so much less compelling than the one before me, and I feel beautiful through and through.

I don't believe he bought me this far to leave me.

Thank you getting me here, friends. I am so very grateful.

Love,

mair francis

7 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

Oh how it does my heart good to see you (in my minds eye) draped in color and dancing - SO happy for you Mair! Welcome Home Claudia Mair Burney, Welcome Home!

Terry said...

May the color of grace explode over us all and may you be part of the explosion. Love you!

Brenda said...

I can see you spinning in your colors! Blessings.

~Leslie said...

I'm so happy for/with you!!

xoxo!!

Christy Lockstein said...

I needed this today. Thank you for showing me your heart and exposing my own. :)

CeCe Wilson said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us. I could see your smile and energy. God continue to shine His face upon you!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh sister, praise be to God!!! The lightness in your soul is evident in your words. I am rejoicing with you. BIG BIG HUGS!!