Monday, June 14, 2010

Goodness Me! Where Did the Time Go!

Today was my baby's birthday, and we've been partying all afternoon. I totally forgot to tell you about the blog tour for God Alone is Enough. I've got a line up of fine folks, some of them among my favorite people. They'll be taking the book chapter by chapter. Think of this as the beginning of your journey with me and Teresa, whether or not you have the book (but do get the book!). Terry, your autographed copy will be mailed out on tomorrow.

Here are my tour stops:


June 15th – Chapter One
1. Katherine Bolger Hyde http://kbhyde.wordpress.com/
June 16th – Chapter Two
1. Amy Hackett www.wesuckatlife.com
June 17th – Chapter Three
1. Letitia Damron (facebook note)
June 18th – Chapter Four
June 19th – Chapter Five
1. Christy Lockstein http://christysbookblog.com
June 20th – Chapter Six
2. Alana Sheldahl  www.morningcoffee.blogspot.com 
June 21st – Chapter Seven
1. Linda Leigh Hargrove http://bookcookcraft.com
June 22nd – Chapter Eight
2. Kelly Hawkins www.khawkins.blogspot.com
June 23rd – Chapter Nine
June 24th – Chapter Ten
1. Melody  Rose Sproule  http://lovelilacs.blogspot.com/
June 25th – Chapter Eleven
2. Tracey Michae’l Lewis http://www.traceymlewis.com
June 26th – Chapter Twelve
June 27th – Chapter Thirteen
2. Paula Moldenhauer http://gracereign.blogspot.com/

See ya tomorrow!
mair-francis

13 comments:

Erin Wilson said...

:) I'm glad to see things going so well over here. I mean that, luv. Makes my heart swell.

xo

Kay Day said...

Got it today and read chapter one! So excited to read more.
Look how fancy my blog link is. Sweet!

Renee said...

I just read Allison's review of chapter 1.... WOW. I am convinced; it's going in my amazon basket.... to think that I went to Avila all those years ago knowing little about St Teresa and unable to learn much then since the museum was all in Spanish

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Hey girlfriend, I'm LOVING the book, just loving it. I think it's some of your best writing, and it's just a really lovely read. Thanks for inviting me to tour you. :D <3

Katherine Hyde said...

Apologies to any East-Coasters who may have tried to find my kick-off-the-tour blog post this morning--I'm in California, it's 8:00 here, and I just put it up!

Renee said...

I've now read both chapter 1 reviews and one chapter 2 review.... this book sounds great for our moms' ministry - does the book have study questions??

Brenda said...

Claudia, I do mean what I said about afraid to ask questions about the word selah. And, I especially identified with what you said about the prayer warriors in church. I use to belong to a church choir where some of the "prayer warriors" used to call on a person randomly to pray. Scared folks to death, and they would have a little smirk on their face, I can pray better that you, ha, ha, therefore, I am a better person, christian, or whatever. Us poor sinners really need help!

ragamuffin diva said...

Hi Everyone! ERIN!!! You look soooo beautiful!!!! Rock that hair, sis! I want to thank you all for showing up, and your interest in GAiE, especially those of you who are signed up to blog about it. Renee, I don't have study questions, but I'm sure I can put some together for you. Just email me and remind me--quick! I'm outta here in only 8 days! claudia.mair.burney@gmail.com

Renee said...

Unable to read two of the three for chapter 3....


1. Letitia Damron (facebook note) ---- can't see this since I'm not her friend.

2. Wyatt Roberts http://wyattroberts.blogspot.com/
---- nothing on this blog :(

ragamuffin diva said...

Sorry about that Renee. Here's Letitia's however:

I've just started on my "spirited journey with St. Teresa of Avila" and Ms. Burney and I must say it is a very interesting read. Specifically, in chapter 3, you realize the analogy used regarding your soul and gardening is very easily understood. It allows you to grasp very quickly if your "garden" is full of weeds or if it is producing fruit! It becomes clear who the master gardener is and why we need to pray.

As most of us, including Ms. Burney states, there are times we feel like our own gardens are full of nothing but weeds and we don't have a clue as to how to rid ourselves of them, nor do we have the energy! The idea that Jesus, the Master Gardener, not only has given you the garden, but he does all the hard work is pretty amazing. Since he's the one who gives the soil, pulls the weeds,and plants the good seeds, all we really have to be is a good vessel and make sure we all the water and fertilize to get on the seeds. Who of course gives us the water and the fertilizer.....again, the Master Gardner. And how do you get the directions on how much water, how much fertilizer to put on those seeds, you may ask? By prayer! Just as there are many levels of meaning in each passage of scripture, there are many levels of prayer.

I am not finished with "God Alone Is Enough" nor with St. Teresa of Avila and can't wait to read more!

Thank you Ms. Burney for a wonderful book!

ragamuffin diva said...

Renee, Wyatt's blog post is up now, so that's three for three. :)

Renee said...

Thanks Claudia. I have never enjoyed a book blog tour so much. This is one I'll be recommending to my Moms' ministry at church

Renee said...

Phew... found it. here is the link for one of today's blog tour posts

http://bevnalabbeyscriptorium.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/god-alone-is-enough/