Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

Hello lovies! I haven't chatted with you for a while. It's been chilly and rainy here in Lexington, and I've had some awful flares. In fact, I'm in bed right now feeling pretty ouchie.

Did I tell you about the herbal kit I ordered? Right now I'm just trying it out, but already I'm in love with it. I'm also in love with all the goings on on learningherbs.com, and herbalmentor.com. The Gallaghers are doing a fine job gently introducing people to using herbs for pleasure, and for medicine.

I'll admit, I've watched the videos in the kit, but I haven't made the nettles infusion or tinctures. I haven't even thought about the salves! I've really felt sucky as I deal with fibromyalgia and detoxing from the meds that were horrible. It takes time lovies, and I always miscalculate time. It's an ADD thing. Anyway, I've just begun this journey, and am ready to see the naturopath here. I think this is my way. I really do. I'll try it.

Today I went to Mass. I struggled to concentrate. I'm wondering now, as I think of how to nourish myself, how it is that the Eucharist nourishes me. I'm sure that it does. I'm just missing the dynamics.
I'm leaving plenty of room for mystery here, and surprises.

Ack! Too tired and achy to continue.

Much love,
mair

2 comments:

MaryAnn M said...

glad you are finding info for your fibro...such a challenging disease

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Hello Mair, have been reading through your blog. Have you tried reading healing verses aloud 3x a day, like it says in Prov. 4:20-22, "For your Words are life, and medicine to my whole body." My mom was diagnosed with tongue cancer which accdg to doctors is very fast and very painful, but she recites several healing verses 3x a day, and she is fine. Patsy from
HeARTworks