Saturday, March 20, 2010

Something Beautiful is Emerging, Indeed


So, a few weeks ago I noticed shoots of green poking out of the ground in the yard of the little house full of noxious sewage fumes. A week ago I  trudged out of the front door to find a single yellow crocus had flowered. Today, there are three of them; the other two are purple, and now the bright, happy heads of a plethora of daffodils are ready to bloom. And so am I.

This has not by any means been my most devotional Lenten season ever, but I have to say, since I've been observing Lent, this is the one in which I've been the most transformed. I can't take any credit for it.  When the heart thing happened, I promptly sabotaged the seven hard-earned pounds of weight loss I'd achieved. But Mair is in bloom lovies, and I just don't care what the scale says right now. I'm losing the kind of weights that have kept me broke and bound for far too long, the kind on the inside.

Today, on this first day of Spring, I've been packing and carting boxes. We are moving into The Sunshine House, thanks to our dear friends Lisa and Will, and I'm certain a bright and promising future awaits us. It looks like Ken has found job in a tattoo shop right across the street from the Sunshine House. Right after Holy Week and Easter Lisa is opening Cuppa. This is a wondrous thing, y'all. And me, I'm slowly getting healthy, and am back to my abandoned lifestyle changes (most of them). And lovies, I'm starting a business, but I'll tell you more about that later after the move. First things first. I will say,  however, I haven't even had the courage to try a business venture, other than writing, for a long time. But it's Spring! My life is exploding with color and fragrance, mirroring what's happening outside after this long, snowy winter.

I'd better get some rest now. We have a long day tomorrow and for the next few days, but I will pop in now and again, even if I don't comment right away. Tell me friends, what is in bloom in your life? I'd love to hear. Talk among yourselves.

Much love, and I'll chat with you from The Sunshine House.

mair-francis

14 comments:

Patrina said...

The sunshine house? what is this place? I'm new here, remember?

Sounds like just what you need. So glad to hear your smile and your Hopefullness. That makes my heart sing!!

Ive recently made some hard decisions too. It has been a long hard wint3r for a lot of us, hasn't it? I am hopefull that this spring will find me out on some trails with my Bible and my journal - just me and God.

praying that the move goes smooth and you're settled soon.

Blessings
Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

ragamuffin diva said...

The Sunshine House is the nickname Lisa gave the house we're moving into. It's yellow. VERY yellow. Most of all, it represents hope and happiness.

I"m so happy you're finding your sacred place with God.

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Kay Day said...

I'm so happy for you! We are moving this spring, too, but we don't know where yet! Pray for us to be where we are supposed to be.

Heidi Renee said...

oh yay, yay, yay! such great news! i will visit one day! keep blooming dear friend!

~Leslie said...

Yellow houses are great! We've lived in two over the past few years. There is a brightness and openness that I've found in them.

I'm VERY excited to hear about your business (did you get my email?)!! I'm in the midst of Spring Cleaning and sorting, purging, releasing. We are headed back South in July so preparing for that 'big move' as well.

I'm blooming too. Just becoming more of the person God made me to be--crafting, experimenting, feeling, sharing....

Excited for you and the fam.

XOXO!!

Sarah@EmergingMummy said...

So happy to read all of this good news. Praying for a clear path before you and a sojourn of joy in The Sunshine House.

The Morrows said...

There's my friend! Yay! So happy to see you're blooming. You're one heckuva gorgeous flower. *hug*

ragamuffin diva said...

Thanks for all your well wishes, my dear friends. We are here! In The Sunshine House, but boxes are everywhere! CHAOS! So it will take me a few days to clear things and then I'll be back.

Leslie, I did get your email. At least I think I did! The one with your phone number. I'll call you soon!!!

Blessings everyone, and may God grant you peace.

GailNHB said...

You sound happier, livelier in this post, Mair. It sounds like something beautiful has already emerged - and will continue to bloom for a while. Yea for you and your family!!!

wendy saxton said...

For you:

Arise, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter has past; the rains are over and gone. (Song of Songs 2:11)

All the best to the hearts that reside in the Sunshine House.

Wendy Saxton

Lydia said...

I found a great new resource for preparing for Easter. http://www.bigbookfilms.com/ Thought you might enjoy looking at it.
I'm praying for you guys as you're moving.

Ms. Camile said...

I really loved this post! It is amazing to hear all the wondrous things happening in your life. AS for me, I'm just appreciating every single day and enjoying my life as I navigate through my dreams. This is going to be a bumpy ride but I will have joy through every single part of it!

~Cam

Tracey M. Lewis-Giggetts said...

"I'm losing the kind of weights that have kept me broke and bound for far too long, the kind on the inside." - Yessssssssss! Don't make me shout, Mair!!!!

Bethany Patchin said...

I love you. This movement is good good good. BLOOM ON!!!!