Wednesday, August 26, 2009

108% of Giving In Love Equals This...

“We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.” – Dorothy Day

This is The Little House. It's the place your love is moving me into on Monday, the day before my birthday. What a wonderful, AMAZING gift you all, and our good Father have given me.

I can't tell you how difficult it was for me to ask for your help on August 12th, even though I know the Holy Spirit whispered that I should do just that. My pride stood in the way. I don't mind telling you the worst things about me, but hitting you up for money is another thing all together! I respect you. I didn't want you to think I was using you. I was ashamed that this was happening to me. I felt like the worst kind of failure.

I asked my dear lovie, Heidi, to be my strong arm. I asked Alison to join her in that task. Alison is a great mobilizer. Lisa gave me courage. She told me people loved me enough to want to help. Many of you prayed, and on the strength of those things I asked for your help with fear and trembling. I'm so glad I did.

I always say "Blessed are the poor in spirit" is my life's verse, but the truth is I often resist true spiritual poverty. Yet, there I was with no way out of my situation here, and no way into my new life in Lexington. I had to humble myself and acknowledge not just the fact that I failed and need God's mercy, but also that I cannot fix everything. I try to, but I had no "fix it myself" option this time. God truly did what the old folks talk about and "made a way out of no way." And He did it through His people as, I believe, He loves doing best.

Look at that house! It's small, but oh my gosh: it's adorable. And yes, it really does look like that, flowers and all. I haven't seen it except in photographs, but Ken, Lisa, and my son Kamau have. It's about a block and a half from Lisa, on her street. God is giving us exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ask or think. His mercy is astounded. I believe this will be the beginning of creating "a home for the soul." You can't imagine how important that is for me.

What began five months ago as my most fervent prayer to live in intentional Christian community with my dear, dear lovie, Lisa Samson, will be a reality on Monday. We had no idea it would happen so soon, and God knows we couldn't forsee these circumstances. It's bananas! I know it's been awhile since we chatted. As you can imagine, all of this change has consumed me. I haven't even been able to concentrate on my work. But I wanted to update you. I'm surrounded by boxes and insanity, and I'm a little sick tonight, so I'll keep this simple. Thank you is terribly inadequate, but I'll say it anyway: thank you, so so so very much.

Look what you've done. You are so beautiful and kind. I'm grateful.

love,
mair-francis

More soon...







13 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!!

so very proud of you mair-francis!

thank you for the update and for opening your heart and leading the way. learning to ask for what i need is one of the hardest lessons i am learning.

much much love and traveling mercies. prayers all around you.

Mary DeMuth said...

Wow. God is so good. I'm excited to see how He unveils this new chapter of your story. Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Claudia, congratulations on your new home. It is beautiful. God always provides when we trust and believe. I am so happy for you. When I learned of your need, my heart wanted to give but our pockets would not allow at that time. I lifted prayers that God would move mightily on your behalf and He sure did. Press on sister. Much love. Marlo

Cheri said...

Praise God! It is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for you :)

Wyatt Roberts said...

Oh, my goodness! That is AWESOME!!!! BLESS YOU!

Anonymous said...

wow.....

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I hope I get to visit you in that house someday. That porch looks perfect for an evening glass of sweet tea. :)

Love you so much, sister. So honored to be a part of your story. (And an actual mention in your blog! I feel like I've arrived!)

Katy McKenna said...

I am SO late to this going away/coming home party! Wonderful news, Claudia! Thrilled to see all God is doing in your life and your family's. By Monday night, you just might have a pic of yourself on that darling porch. Yay!!

Barbara said...

That literally is a little slice of heaven. Thank you for taking the time to post this in the midst of everything: more than all we can ask or imagine.

lisa said...

So thrilled and filled with anticipation, and anxiety too! We'll go through the changes of life together. Whodathunk?!!!

Hey, there are a lot of houses inbetween yours and ours, and maybe Jesus is whispering to others to come be a part of our beloved little community. We need to pray them home gurl!

Rhonda Jeanne said...

WOW! Storybook beautiful!

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful new home. I pray that it is filled with the laughter of family and friends and the joy of the Spirit.

Christian Art and Design said...

That is great Claudia, so happy for you!