Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where is Mair???


Where is Mair is the question you may be asking. Well, the answer is: I'm here. Not on this blog so much. This is because my girlie had prom, and to be honest, for several weeks she has been Promzilla dragging me across the universe and back. But! Look at her!

Don't make me cry again. Don't make me.

I spent a lot of time with this kid to get her that look, and it cost a lot of money, too. But it's over, and now I'm two weeks away from deadline for my new and first non-fiction book, Let Nothing Upset You: A Playful Pilgrimage With Teresa of Avila.

The really cool thing is that I get to dive headfirst into Teresa's teachings. She's a hoot, y'all. Funny, and winsome, and wise. I'm having fun, but still, it's less than two weeks before deadline, the same day Abbie graduates. I must admit that along with being in pain I'm more than a little stressed.

So, if you don't see me, it isn't because I'm not thinking of you. It's just that life is a little crazy, but I suspect it's that way for you, too. So, let's pray for one another.

Much love,
mair-francis

8 comments:

Elysa said...

WOW! Two WeEkS?!?!? Let me know if you hit a rough spot and need some online encouragement or even cell phone lovin'!

And the girl looks GOOD! But graduation?!? No way! Already?!?!?

Christine A. Mayo said...

Your "Girlie" is simply beautiful! We understand, Life is a balance.....have a blessed weekend!

wilsonian said...

Oh. My. Goodness!

You make gorgeous people, Mair!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Beautiful girl, Mair!

Congratulations to you, Abbie. Do your mama proud (just as I'm sure you've been doing) as you move on into adulthood. Can't wait to read on the blog about all that you do with your life!

Davina stallworth said...

wow! Your daughter looks very nice! I enjoyed your post. Thanks!

Davina stallworth said...

Wow! your daughter looks very nice! i enjoyed your post. Thanks!

mo╬╣ said...

awww how beautiful!

Joni said...

Wow...she is just too gorgeous!

Praying for you as the deadline looms. If anyone can give us Theresa as she should be, it will be you!

We were in your area last weekend for a graduation, and will be back again this weekend and the following week. Would love to try to meet up, but since you have that deadline, I'll just be keeping you in my prayers!