Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday, Second Week of Lent '09. Nestled in Love

So, I returned from my transformative trip to Lexington on Tuesday, as planned. What I didn't anticipate was the mild, blah feeling I attributed to travel and lack of sleep was the beginning of the flu. Three days of fever, coughing, sneezing, constant nasal drip, and a general misery, I'm left with scarcely a coherent thought. What does this have to do with Lent? Absolutely nothing.

All bets are off until I can get out of bed. Aren't you glad God is merciful. If it's one thing my Lenten readings taught me is how great and good God is, and how small and needy I am. I'm convinced Jesus loves babies, fools, and the sick. I feel like all of the above today. I'm trusting His mercy and providence to see me through the next few days. Thank God for Nyquil. Seriously. And soup. I have new respect for soup.

I have so many wonderful things to tell you. I just don't have it in me to share today. Hang in there with me, I'll be back, hopefully Monday.

For now, I'm nestled in the love of our Good God, and leaving you to your own Lenten devices. You may, however, feel free to tell me how things are going for you. Leave a comment. I'd love that.

May God bless us, protect us from all evil, and bring us to eternal life.

It'd be nice if he brought a little healing my way, too.

big juicy love,
mair-francis

10 comments:

Charisse said...

glad to know that you are back and on the way to healing, in more ways than one!

AllisonRhodes said...

Hi mair-francis. This is really "the other mair" but I created a new blog that will be linked to my job's Christian website. So the the new me is Allison Rhodes.

I'm sorry you have the flu! I had it ten days ago and am still coughing. I think I'll have to go on the dreaded prednisone. I hope you feel better soon. P.S. You NEVER got back to me about that article I e-mailed you as m. nole. That's okay, though, because I'm going to split it in two. I write long, but readers like to read short ; ). Allison

Heart4Francis said...

May you rest in the love and recover Godmama!

Love, Peace, and prayers,
Dusty

renee altson said...

oh dear friend- everything has to do with lent, with this season in your life. you are who you are, time and god are, as well.

love you. hope you get well soon. xo sister.

wilsonian said...

Looking forward to the wonderful news :)

Praying heath over that beautiful bod of yours...

Michelle Onuorah said...

Hi Mrs. Burney,

I didn't know of any other way to contact you privately, like in a letter, but I just wanted you to know...

I'm an 18 yr. old senior in high school, a published author myself, and almost a year ago I was baptised. I read Nicky and Zora when I was supposed to be doing my summer reading and I haven't put the book down since.

I must have read it about 22 times, cover to cover and I just want to thank you for writing such a fantastic novel. I can relate to both Nicky and Zora in so many ways as a young person and I absolutely loved Nicky's conversations with Richard! This book made me learn so much about myself and who I want to be that I cannot thank you enough.

I just wanted you to know that your work really moved me and I hope you write a sequel to N&Z b/c I'm already imagining them with kids :) I hope you feel better and I wish you all the best.


-Michelle Onuorah
author of Double Identity, Who's Gonna Stop Me, Letting Go, and Confessions of a Teenage Model

laundrygirl said...

Peace and healing to you...

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Glad you're back, hope you're better soon! And guess what "charming" lil' happy is due to arrive on my doorstep on March 30...ooooooh,I'm so excited!!! heeheeheeeeeee!

Amber said...

I found you through Chip Macgregor's website and love your blog. I can't wait to read more.

Joni said...

So sorry to hear you are under the weather. Being sick always bums me out, I feel so guilty about not accomplishing anything...

Lent is going well, I think. I've really been focusing on my one-on-one time with the Lord more. Your blog has given me some great things to ponder on, too.

Feel better, dear friend! You are in my prayers.