Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I've been STUNG!

Hello, lovies!

It seems like I haven't talked to you in a really long time. I'd gotten back into the habit of blogging and making art, and then darn, I had to be a novelist again. But you'll be happy to know I've done my edits for The Exorsistah 2: X Returns, and there was a lot of demon butt kicking and girlfriends, and a hottie who loves Jesus! I think you'll like it. Comes out in September, but you can get a head start by reading The Exorsistah! Pocket books, 2008. No link, it's late, and I'm tired.

Now that I've shamelessly plugged my books, indulge me while I shamelessly plug B Sting Studios. B is for Burney, as in my last name. And Sting is all about the needle at the edge of my husband Ken's tattoo gun. I've been stung several times in the last four months, and tonight B Sting struck again I now am the proud wearer of an Immaculate Heart of Mary. I just love her. I didn't always, but she totally RAWKS, and if she's Jesus' mom, what's not to love. And now for the tat.

BOO yow!


Okay, how fabulous is that? Seriously? You can't see the details, but the heart has itty, bitty roses wrapped around it, and fire coming out of the top like my Sacred Heart of Jesus tat. And the fire has a lily in the middle. And of course, there's the sword that goes with Simeon's prophecy that a sword would pierce her heart. I LOOOOOOOOVE it!

How fabulous is Ken?

That wasn't rhetorical, lovies. Ken is way fabulous, and it'd be great if you visited him. He just started a blog for his design company. Just in case the link goes wonky, the URL is http://bstingstudios.blogspot.com. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. So will ya go say hi to my papi for me. I'd be much obliged.

I'm off to Lexington tomorrow for a visit with my bff! I'll talk to ya'll upon my return. Pray traveling mercies for me.

I'll be thinking and praying for you.

love,
mair-francis

7 comments:

Elysa said...

Have an incredibly great time in Lexington! And you, Gwynnie, Ty, and Lisa make sure you give each other some big-haired hugs and lipsticky kisses to each other from me!

Love you SO MUCH!
Elysa

P.S. Finished WOUNDED! Loved the stuff you added to the finished product. :)

Deirdre Mundy said...

Congratulations on the revisions!!!!

Book 1 was so much fun-- I can't wait for book 2! =)

And have a save journey-- I'll say a quick prayer for you! =)

ragamuffin diva said...

Thanks, Elysa and Deirdre, but we postponed the trip because of the ice storm. I'm sooooo bummed.

~michelle pendergrass said...

Yeah on the edits!!!!! You rock!

And double Yeah on the new tat!!! I can't WAIT to get another one!

Okay--the trip to see your bff? I SO wanna go!!! Give them all big hugs for me! Hopefully you'll get to go soon!

Elysa said...

Sorry the trip didn't work out, Mair. Praying you'll get to go SOON!

Joni said...

I haven't been by in too long. Just wanted to say "hi"...wow...Catholic tatoos yet! I'm impressed! :o)

laundrygirl said...

Thinking of you today! I hope all is well.

P.S. I'm doing a blog challenge if you want to be a part of it -
http://laundrynotes.blogspot.com/2009/02/challenge-and-book-giveaway.html