Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Come, Lord Jesus!



The Jesse tree is heavy with ornaments that tell the story of God and us. We've lit advent candles for faith, hope, love, and rejoicing. The presents are modest this year, but we're so grateful, because almost all came from the generosity of others. Times are hard, but God is good. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is playing on my iPod.

I am waiting to receive the Lord. I am waiting for His salvation. I need Him to save me, once again, from several disasters. I need Him to save me because of love. I just plain need Him to come.

Come Lord, Jesus!

Son of God, You will come again as the true messenger of the covenant. Help the world to recognize and accept You.

Born in Your Father's heart, You became man in the womb of the Virgin Mary. Free us from the tyranny of change and decay. In Your life on earth, You came to die as a man. Save us from everlasting death.

When you come to judge, show us Your loving mercy, and forgive us our weaknesses.

Lord Jesus, by Your death You have given hope to those who have died. Be merciful to those for whom we now pray.

Come, Lord Jesus.

6 comments:

laundrygirl said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Caldonia Sun said...

Merry Christmas, Claudia!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Amen and amen! Merry Christmas to you, my sweet friend. Much love crossing the continent from me to you!!!

rumour said...

i googled your name and came across your blog. wow, i luv your books, you're an awesome writer who touches the spirit. what a gift!

just wanted to say Merry Christmas!

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Hey sweetie, hope you are feeling better!

ragamuffin diva said...

Thanks, and happy holidays, everyone.