Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mair at the Big Noble


Hey lovies,

Feel like a little murder? And how many times will anybody ask you that?

I'm going to be at Barnes and Noble signing my first novel, Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man on Wednesday, February 20, 2008, at 7:30 pm. You know how I am about things like this. I'm going to feel terribly unloved if none of you show up. So, show up already. I'll read a little for you, and we can just kick it about Jesus.

So, here's the info:

Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Fairlane Green
3120 Fairlane Dr.
Allen Park, MI 48101
(313)271-0688

This is what Bookpage said about Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man:

Sassy Saint

All too often, the trouble with Christian fiction is the saccharine nature of the situations and characters, who seem to operate on The Good Folks Planet where a careful screen shields the delicate reader from the harsher aspects of life. Not so in Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man by Claudia Mair Burney, which is witty and earthy, vibrant and fast-paced, peopled with multidimensional characters. On her 35th birthday, Amanda Bell Brown is having dinner with her sister, the local medical examiner, when her sister is called to the scene of a suspicious death. Amanda, a forensic psychologist, tags along, unwittingly slamming into the intersection of the scattered pieces of her life—Christian, psychologist, woman, survivor of a dark past. On the scene of a double homicide, she meets Jazz, the tall, dark and delicious detective, and although immediate sparks fly between them, both have a commitment to God, and plenty of baggage. Their resolve to stay celibate is continually tested as the two work together to unravel a twisted plot centered on the murky world of cults. Original, richly textured and grounded in the real world, this is nonetheless a genuinely spiritual novel that tackles the gritty questions of faith and honor, hope and despair that any person on any spiritual path must eventually face. Excellent.

So lemme see you there. Okay?

One more thing. I'd like to hit the virtual road for a blog tour. If you're interested in hosting me on your blog please let me know. Email at claudia.mair.burney@gmail.com, or leave your email and blog site on these comments.

Pat et Bonum!
mair

21 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

man I wanna be at your booksigning! have one here so I can go! then we can get new tats again! LOL

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

You SO know I'm hosting you for the blog tour. And I love the Wounded cover in your sidebar!!! And you know I'll be with you in spirit on the 20th. So wish I could be there. Bring your laptop and I'll be there via video chat. :)

Robin said...

If I were a hop, skip and a jump, I'd be there in a skinny minute.

But I'm afraid I'm a bit farther down the road than that :/.

But a virtual tour? THAT, I can do :). Lemme know the details.

(and btw, since your blog hadn't illuminated in Bloglines, I haven't visited before today...GREAT, BEAUTIFUL new look!)

Elysa said...

Oooh, me! Pick me!!! I wanna be a part of your virtual tour!!!!

And I'll be spreading the word about your booksigning. If I had my own private jetplane, you know I'd fly there in a sec!


Your BIG HAIRED Fan,
Elysa

Dany said...

I WISH I could be there in person - you KNOW I'll be the in spirit.

LOVE YOU - Sista "B" w/da Pink Roller :)

ragamuffin diva said...

Man, I wish I had a plane. I'd pick all of you, and um, your rollers, no matter what color they are up.

Ali, that video chat seems kind of fun. I'd be cool if I could feed it live right to my blog. We could have a party. :)

C'mon my metro Detroit/Ann Arbor readers. Lemme know you're coming out! This means YOU, Donna! And bring a friend or three!

Elysa said...

Mair---I just put up a post about your book and the signing at my blog. I'm going to go do the same over at the Five in a Row homeschool forum that I frequent. Some of those women are rabid where books are concerned!

SOOOO-O-O-OOO excited for you,
Elysa

Elysa said...

http://www.fiarhq.com/~gbprnhrz/forum/showthread.php?t=30361

Did it!

And even if none of them live in the area, perhaps it will prompt them to BUY A BOOK!

Cathy West said...

If I could be there, I would.
I will be there in spirit.
:0)
Sign a million!
And we'll have you on over at Writers' Rest, just let me know when you want it.

ragamuffin diva said...

Thanks, so much, Elysa! Love ya!

I'll be in touch with all you good people who've agreed to have me on your blogs. Thanks a plenty.

mair

Joni said...

I am so wishing I could be in Michigan next week!!! So I will have to tell some people I know, and if they show up and say, "Joni said to tell you 'hi'!", it will almost be like I got to be there, right??? (Of course, then I will be jealous of them forever.)

Any book signings possible in OHIO??? :o)

I don't know how to do the blog thing. Fill me in!

Paula said...

I wish I could be there. If I had the cash I'd hop and plane and celebrate with my Sistie.

But the blog tour I so can do. Let me know what you need and I'm on it.

Love you!

Janna said...

I just read Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man yesterday and loved it so much I came looking for you today and to find that you are getting ready for a blog tour is just so cool! I would love to host you on your blog tour, I have some blog readers that would LOVE you!!! Let me know how I can participate -

Janna
ryanx6[at]msn[dot]com
http://www.cornhuskeracademy.blogspot.com

joni said...

I posted an advertisement for the signing on my blogs.

chip said...

Wish I was there for the signing tonight, Mair! Be well. -chip

Elysa said...

Just popping in to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you tonight.

Love you,
Elysa
Your #1 BIG HAIRED fan

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

So how was it?!!!!!!??!?!?

Caldonia Sun said...

Wish I could have been at your book signing, but I did pick up a copy of your new book tonight at B&N and am looking forward to starting it in a few days.

Ty said...

Oh my! I am feeling the look of your site sistah friend! LOL! I probably already signed up with you, but include me and Faithwebbin.net.
blessings,
Ty

Esther said...

Mair, I would love to host you on my blog. Count me in. And I can't wait to read the book. I love a good mystery, and a gritty (yet godly) one at that! My congratulations to you!

Esther said...

Hey, I just put you on my favorite books list in my profile. (Even though technically I haven't read any of your novels - YET! - but I know I will love them; I do love all your writing after all!) You're smack dab between Scott Hahn and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. :)