Monday, August 27, 2007

You're Invited!


To my 43rd birthday party! All of you are welcome to come.

Now, I know it's a bit of a distance for those of you in Australia, Bosnia, so I thought I'd make it easier on you and just have a cyber party.



We're going to have a St. Francis theme, even though we're still gonna party like it's 2099. But hey, nobody knew how to extract the joy out of life like St. Francis. Right? So, it's cool. Anyway, all the wine will be cyber wine. And the cyber cake has NO calories! So we will eat, drink, and be merry.

BUT!!!

There's almost always a but. You have to bring a present. I know. That's not very Franciscan, but it's not just for me. It's for the edification of all of us. I want you to bring with you a lovely quote from St. Francis. And dig deep lovies. Francis wrote more than the Canticle of the Sun.

But! If you must go with one of that one, please tell me what it means to you. How it speaks to you. And if you just can't find the right one, tell me if you've had your own love affair with the poor little man from Assisi. Can't think of a single incident where you've been moved by him? Then tell me something you may have learned from a Franciscan, like Richard Rohr or Murray Bodo. Or make up something with his vibe! I'm trying to make it easy for you. Work with me!

And use the comments, lovies. While I love to get personal email from you all, I want to share with everybody. It's a party for Heaven's sake!

This all kicks off on September 1st.

See you Saturday. I'll bring the food and wine. You bring your Francesco love.

Peace and all good!

Mair
(just because I'm embracing the name Claudia, doesn't mean I'll use it all the time. If I don't write it, just know an invisible Lame, but Intelligent is there.). :O)

17 comments:

Robin said...

I love it when someone gives subtle hints about what they want for their birthday ;).

Your parties are the funnest EVAH! Thanks for the invitation :).

Paula said...

Happy birthday sweet Mair!

I know that one is quoted forever, but I have to go with it because I've had it hanging on my wall much of my life. I long to sow peace where there is discord and hope where there is despair.

Wish I could come over and have some cake.

BTW, gave you a little award on GraceReign.

just me said...

Happy birthday... How ironic that your post embodies this quote "For it is in giving that we receive." St. Francis of Assisi

:) A lurker.

SuseADoodle said...

Well, Happy Birthday sistah! You're going to make me go do research??? How dare you?? LOL -- something I love to do. :-)

I regret, being of a non-orthodox/catholic persuasion has left me quite bereft of St. Francis knowledge, except the "serenity" quote that one sees all over. While I love that, I think it is high time I go find out more ... Thanks for the invite to the "party" and to go LEARN something new ...

Love ya!

Hi, I'm Dee said...

Can't waiit. I feel so blessed to be invited. call Amy Wallace. She wants to here from you.

Candy said...

I'm so excited! How fun is this! Thanks for the invitation to share the joy of your birthday. I'm going to start digging now.

Joni said...

It is definitely a cause for celebration! I look forward to all the cyber-food, as it's definitely the best...non-fattening! Hurray! No hangovers. Hurray!

Happy birthday, dear friend!

upwords said...

Hey you,

Happy Birthday. Talk to you saturday.

Amy Wallace said...

What a cake! And what a reason to celebrate!!!

I'll go look for some St. Francis quotes to share.

Thanks for the call today. You are a gift.

Thanks to Dee too. I shoulda thought about posting a note. ;-)

leelee said...

I've just entered your blogspot when looking for Fearless Reflections(I'm a friend of hers) - so pleased to become aquainted...a small birthday gift...I treasure Rohr...your comments brought to mind an article I saved of his years ago titled "Breathing Under Water" - focus was on spirituality and the 12 steps of recovery. Always wanted to go to New Mexico to have a time away with him or some others of like mind. He provides much dirt to plow into.

Birthday Blessings!
LeeLee

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Happy Birthday my dear dear friend!

I have no quote for you... I bought you a book on St Francis... isn't that enough? LOL

I love you!!

Hey... how come I don't get called by you? I think I'm horrible offended...

yeah, ok, so I'm not offended but I made you laugh, didn't I? :o)

Heidi Renee said...

Happy Birthday Mair!

I know I'm not following directions, but I just couldn't wait - here's an early present :)

"I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone."

Nedra said...

Have a wonderful birthday!
Walk a worthy path. (Inspired by the quote, "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.") If you trip off the path, God is always on it and can pull you back on. Be blessed, and enjoy your day!

spwriter said...

St. Francis' Prayer before the Crucifix:

Most High, glorious God, enlighten the shadows of my heart, and grant unto me right faith, certain hope and perfect charity, sense and understanding, Lord, so that I may accomplish Thy holy and true mandate.

Happy birthday, C-Mair!

SuseADoodle said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you ... **singing a bit off key, oops**

Well, Wikipedia didn't help me do research on St. Francis' writings though I did get some info on his life and calling. Still gonna look for something good for you. (I'm sort of notorious for being the one with this rubber stamped on the back of most birthday cards: "Your birthday came, your birthday went, here's the card I should have sent." Late is normal for me. Sorry.)

In the meantime, I "gave" you and award at my blog http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/
that you deserve more than I do!

Luv ya!

Queeny said...

Happy Belated birthday. You don't look a day over 45! Just kidding. You're gorgeous!

Gina Conroy said...

Happy birthday. Am I too late for he party?

I have a story. I don't know why I have an affinity for St. Francis di Assisi, (maybe we studied him in Italian class at school) and I can't remember any quotes, but when I went to Italy when I was 15 and visited Assisi, it was one of my favorite towns I visited.

The quaint streets and loving atmosphere was tranquil and beautiful. Unfortunately my cousins and I were dressed in shorts and tank tops so we weren't allowed in the church, but I remember children singing in the courtyard and walking the stone streets at night in the crisp air. A beautiful memory!