Monday, July 24, 2006

What's New

Hello Lovies,

I'm doing a home makeover and just purchased the funkiest, baaaaadest, black leather sofa EVER! And trust me, I have had a lot of black leather in my day. Anyway, I think I'm getting in touch with my inner biker chick, only I worked in a hospital E.R. and you will NOT find me breaking my neck on a motorcycle. So there.

Anyway, soon I will be writing to you about my new blogs, one being yet another attempt at doing an author blog, and then there is my Lithe Season blog coming soon. I'll be writing about losing "weight"--all the weights that keep us from the abundant life Jesus has for us. My pal and fellow insomniac, Heather Diane Tipton will be doing blog makeovers for the raga-d and the author blog. She is amazing. Check her out at http://heatherdianetipton.blogspot.com.

Also, I got a "My Loving Jesus Doll" at ICRS, and that he is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'll tell you all about him when I return from home beautification rituals. I'll show you pictures, too, because you gotta see My Loving Jesus doll. You won't believe it.

Finally, my good girlfriend Paula has an interview with me on her magnificent GraceReign blog http://gracereign.blogspot.com. I remember when she started her blog in 2004. Blogs were so exciting then. Let's just say, like B.B. King, "the thrill is gone" for some of us. But Paula has a great blog, and the interview deals with book stuff, angst filled childhood stuff, and race stuff. Don't miss it.

Much love, and I'll have pictures and a new look soon. Hey, do you think Ken will let me paint the livingroom fuschia???

Mair

11 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Amazing? LOL Girl, you obviously love me.. but hey thanks for the plug for the business!

YAY PICS!

That interview rocks!!!

Alex Rider said...

I enjoyed your interview on gracereigns blog. it is nice to meet someone who is honest. I am looking forward to reading your book.

Natalie

Victoria Gaines (Vicki) said...

You help me be "me." And I thank you for that, and so much more. Heading over to Paula's to catch the interview. Blessings!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Ooooh, a fuschia living room--say yes, Ken, say yes! Girl, you woulda loved my bachelorette pad--bright blue living room, fire engine red hallway, pumpkin bedroom, two-tone faux finished office (dark and light khaki). Kitchen woulda been dreamsicle orange if I'd stayed there.


Mmm....fuschia....now I'm gettin' antsy to redecorate....

Heather Diane Tipton said...

oooh forgot to mention YAY on the fuschia living room!! Go for it!

Katy said...

Can't wait to read your thoughts on "losing weights." Girl, that's where I'm at right now. Losing pounds, clutter, debt, too much involvement in other people's stuff (Hi, Mom!), etc. All things that keep me from seeking/finding God. Love you!

Katy McKenna, who's now using her maiden name in writing circles, with her sweet husband's blessing...
www.fallible.com

shanna said...

So exciting to see changes on the way!

Cheers to you, and the success of your book. I already gobbled it up!

After Labor Day I'm planning on doing a Back-to-School reading push on my blog; could I send you some questions? MM&aFM will definately get a push!

Paula said...

fushia? You go girl. It would look great with black leather. :o)

Love you like crazy!

l. said...

recently saw a larger photo of you... stunning. positively beautiful, you are.

lisa said...

I'm thinking yes on the fuschia. And i agree with "I".

Enjoy this fun time, Mair!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

Just read your interview at Paula's. What an intriguing novel you wrote - it sounds wonderful!!

so nice to meet you:)