Friday, May 12, 2006

A Literary Mother's Day

Today I got a wonderful homemade Mother's Day card from my one of my baby girls, Nia Grace. Nia is nine years old.

Now this child never ceases to surprise me. She truly amazes me with her insight. She's an interesting child. She wouldn't speak a word until she was three years and then she spoke immediately in complete, deep and profound sentences.

She grew me a flower for mother's day this year--a scarlet dianthus. It came in its own little gift bag with tissue and everything. It's so beautiful. She had a lovely, handwritten and marker decorated note attached to to it. I wanted to savor it and read it in bed in on Mother's Day, but I couldn't resist reading it. Like all things Nia, it had a few surprises I didn't anticipate in a Mother's Day note.

Nia wrote in her own, loopy scrawl. I'll use her creative spelling:

Dear Mom,

What do you want to do for Mother's Day? I hope the people at nave press like your memrour. If we can't do anything for mothers day lets go for a walk if the weathers okay. When I went to the pond it was cold and raining! I love you. Your the best mom in the universe.

Love,
Nia


I have seven kids. I've gotten a lot of homemade cards in my day, but "I hope the people at NavPress like your memoir" is a new one on me!

Did you hear that, Terry?
Watch out, Don! I may have a new literary agent coming.

Have a great Mom day, ya'll.

Mair

4 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL I hope the people at NavPress like your memoir, too!

Happy Mother's Day my friend!

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Children always say the best things!

Dee said...

too cute. glad to hear your voice yesterday. and the navpress version of fling and prayer is still smoking hot. in a good, holy vibe way :)

Bek said...

oh, sounds like u have such a precious daughter. :)