Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Finishing a book is MURDER!

You've probably wondered what I've been up to in these weeks. Take heart, friends. All is well in raggedy-land. I've been scrambling to meet the deadline for my second book, Death, Deceit, and Some Smooth Jazz. The work is hard, and I don't have a lot of time left for blogging, or much of anything else. Forgive me for my absence. Know that I think of our meeting here often. I really do love you, reader, and when I'm away I miss you.

Besides furiously writing, I did, in a moment of compulsive self-absorbtion, google myself trying to see if any other stores had picked up my book. Some had! Yay! But I was delighted to stumble upon my first review--at least it's the first that I'm aware of. I'd like to share it with you:

Burney, Claudia Mair
mystery
Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man Claudia Mair Burney NavPress, Jul 2006, $12.99 ISBN: 1576839788
Forensic psychologist Amanda Brown just turned forty, but the single woman wants a baby and knows her time is running out because she suffers from endometriosis. Her medical examiner sister Carly buys her a sexy outfit and takes her to dinner, but Amanda and Carly have to leave as Carly is called to a crime scene.

There she meets Lieutenant Jazz Brown whom she thinks is a fine man, but concentrates on the homicides. She has been to this house before to investigate a cult leaders and his followers on behalf of a member’s father. That man and another are among the dead. Jazz and Amanda hit it off, but he tells her they cannot have a relationship even as they need to team up to solve the case. The victims apparently took communion with poisoned bread and wine. One member of the cult Susan goes to Amanda’s church where counseling to aid to people who suffered at the hands of a cult is offered. When Susan leaves, Amanda risks her life to find her, unaware that her decision will lead her to face and defeat evil in its most primal form.

Jazz and Amanda are terrific protagonists trying to live their lives in accordance with God’s commandments. Both have relationship issues as Amanda was once an abuse victim who lost her baby due to that and Jazz’s wife dumped him without warning. Claudia Mair Burney provides a good murder mystery wrapped like a moebius string in and out of a quirky relationship drama.

Harriet Klausner

Rejoice with me! Ms. Klausner is one of Amazon's top book reviewers. She has a lot of clout! A review from her can make or break a book. I'm thrilled she liked it, and hope there are other kind souls who enjoy it as well.

Two weeks 'til deadline. Pray for me.
Now go! Pre-order it on Amazon! (please) :O)

Mair

15 comments:

Kristine said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

slb said...

i didn't realize we could review it if it wasn't out yet. i'm gonna head on over to amazon.com later tonight and hook u up! lol

glad all's going well with the second installment. i am SO past ready to get my hands on all three!

remember, i plan on showin' up at yr reading to get yr sig on mine... (and i'll preorder next friday, as that's when the good ol' next payday is).

Tamara Leigh said...

Hi, Claudia,
Congratulations on Harriet Klausner's review. Exciting times! Just wanted to let you know I've posted a comment about Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man on my blog at: http://tamaraleighromance.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed day!

Heather Diane Tipton said...

woohooo girl! Can't wait to get my hands on your book!!!!!

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Congrats on the review! Keep workin'...you'll be fine! I'm praying for you!

TLHines.com said...

Nice review! Kinda fun to have Harriet for your first review out of the gate, no?

Shari said...

I just found your blog recently and your book sounds great! Congratulations! :-)

bobbie said...

oh girlfriend i couldn't be prouder of you!! mucho love and mojo to finish that book headed your way!!

Bek said...

congratulations, what an intriguing review. sounds like a grat book!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Woohoo! You go, girlfriend! I'm so psyched for you. That's a fantabulous review from Ms. Klausner. And I so hear you on the stress of finishing a book. I hope that it gets a little easier as you continue to get new projects. Make sure I'm on your endorsement list for the second book when the time comes!

-Alison

Candy said...

Very exciting!!! I am in awe that you have come so far since I first started reading this blog. Was that really you way back there down the road?? I am so proud of you! You have been richly blessed. You're in my prayers.

Candy said...

Ok, I just preordered!! I figure it will be my birthday gift to myself for my 50th!! in July! Cool.

Paula said...

Wahooo!!!!!!!! Can you hear me cheering all the way down here. So happy for you--and so proud of you--and so giving glory to God for all He has done, is doing, and will do through you my dear Sistie!!

wilsonian said...

:) It's just the beginning...

Mahogany-D said...

I am SO proud of you. I know this was a long time coming but your time is NOW. I love you with all my heart. I'm sharing the news of your book with everyone I know here. Keep up the wonderful work. And thanks for the encouragement.