Wednesday, December 28, 2005

God Would Kneel Down

Hey ragamuffins and divas (and those with the paradoxical combination of ragamuffin diva:o)! I thought we'd bring on the new year with some mystical vibes. This one is from one of my favorite saints, St. Francis of Asissi.
 
I think God might be a little prejudiced.
For once He asked me to join Him on a walk
through this world,

and we gazed into every heart on this earth,
and I noticed He lingered a bit longer
before any face that was
weeping,
and before any eyes that were
laughing.
 
And sometimes when we passed
a soul in worship
 
God too would kneel
down.
 
I have come to learn: God
adores His
creation.

From: Love Poems From God, copyright 1999 by Daniel Ladinski.
 

7 comments:

Paula said...

If we can simply grasp that one fact: God adores His creation. If we can just truly believe that God is over His heels in love with us, devoted to us, loving us. It will will change us forever.

Great post

Heather Diane Tipton said...

wow. I love that.

ragamuffin diva said...

Paula and Heather, I agree completely with what the two of you said. This simple poem staggers me. I keep reading it over and over, surprised by how moving it is. It makes me literally want to move toward people, especially the weeping ones, and the laughing ones.

Gina said...

How beautiful is that! Love it.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

That's a beautiful re-entry...welcome back!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful.
mary

Candy said...

oh yeah, that is good - that is God.