Friday, September 02, 2005

It's Official!!!!!

Drumroll, please.

I'm thrilled to announce that today I signed the contract for the three book deal with NavPress. The series is called The Amanda Bell Brown Mysteries. First in the series:

A Fling and a Prayer, releasing July 15, 2006.
All that's Jazz, releasing February 15, 2007
and Between Rocky and a Hard Place, releasing October 15, 2007.

The books are smart, breezy and what my friend Marilynn Griffith calls "serious fun" www.marilynngriffith@typepad.com.

Thanks all you ragaphiles for your encouragement, support, and patience with me during the process in this amazing writing year I've had. Special thanks to Lisa Samson, Don Pape, Marilynn Griffith and Dave Long. All of you helped me to dream this series possible, and Mama Brown, thanks for being an unforgettable woman, and the inspiration for my character Bell.

And above all

Thank you Jesus, author, and finisher of my faith, and lover of my soul.
Mair

One more thing. I have to use that name on my driver's license, Claudia Hawthorne-Burney on my books. How boring is that name?????
still Mair,
(inspite of what my drivers license says, and that fact that NOBODY can actually pronounce Mair. It's MY-ur darn it!!!! Not MARE!!!!!! For real.)

21 comments:

Dee said...

Lordy, Lordy, Ms. Claudy. Why am I hearing about this on Mary's blog?
Congrats. Your good news is something I needed to hear this week. It's been hard and now some light is shining in. You deserve it. And I want first dibs on All that Jazz. I'm feening this character. :)Bless you.

Kristine said...

Yippie, yay!
Good news. This is good. I can't wait to see, to read, to say " I read her blog and lok at her now!"
Congrats to you lady!

grammarwitch said...

Claudia Hawthorne-Burney sounds dignified and intelligent and downright pedigreed. You can't knock the power of the hint of a literary ancestor, and Claudia is downright lovely. Now: how come my my email this morning didn't mention this inconsequential tidbit? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! (And Dee, get in LINE for Jazz, honey. :-)

latinaliz said...

Congrats!!!!! So happy for you.

upwords said...

Congrats!!!

Mary,
Clapping like a seal

Elizabeth said...

WOO HOO!!!!! forreal, I cannot wait to buy and read your books. I love your insight and the authenticity of your blogs. I am pleased to contribute to the success of your books. waiting in anticipation......

renee altson said...

yay! congratulations. xo

slb said...

that's so wonderful! congratulations!

mindi said...

woohoo!

congratulations!!! what an answer to prayer!

do you have any idea when a first release date might be?

Butta said...

Congratulations! What great news to read on my first visit to your blog.

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Girl I love that! Those titles are awesome. Congrats! I'm so happy for you. I think this is better than if it happened to me. Counting down the days for your books. I can't wait to get my hands on yours and Mary's books!
Still praying for you

Katy said...

I am so thrilled for you! And your titles are fantastic. I'm proud to know you!

wilsonian said...

Be thrilled... what a wonderful thing! Congrats. :)

marko said...

i'm just SO pleased for you, and for all your future readers, claudia! i always believed it was simply a matter of time before the publishing world would know what we've all known about you for so long.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'm so happy for you! That's great news. I pray that God blesses you richly! I met Lisa Sampson at our local convention in July. She's a very cool lady. And speaking of cool, I love your real name. I'm sure God was instrumental in giving you that moniker for a reason. Explore the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

The inevidable day has arrived! I'm so proud of you, Mair! "A Fling and A Prayer" was amazing and I know the other 2 will also be great with those titles and with you bringing them to life!
Love you!
~lori

Candy said...

I love it! I can't wait to read them all. Congratulations! And I love both of your names. Mair always makes me think of Psalm 40:2 everytime I see it. God bless you abundantly!

michael snyder said...

Now, how very cool is that? Humongoid congratulations! Can't wait to read them.

SORMAG said...

Congrats on your books.

I read your news at Mary's blog.

Love to hear about new writers. Looking forward to reading your books.

LaShaunda

Connie said...

Your writing shines. So do you. And I'm a little jealous...but you know what? I've never really tried. Fear of rejection. Sheer laziness. You ain't lazy baby and that's 'fir shur.' Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news as I visit your site for the first time. I always knew all that poetry writing in high school would pay off. Hats off to you my old friend and may God continually bless you with an "open heaven"!

Pd