Saturday, February 05, 2005

Hush Song

"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10)

be

still

shhhsh
what ifs
if onlys
whys
whens

be

quiet

this is the moment of
surrender
hands lifted
fingers unfurled
like petals
in offering

this is before
yes and amen
the quiet fissure
in time/space
between
heaven/hell
that you can hide in

breathless moments
make poems worth reading
this is the

space

between the lines

the gaps
that make words of letters

quiet.

be here
to hear
or...

Be

quiet:

this is the breath
before the yes
between annuciation
and conception
of Christ
in you.

Abba singing
His hushsong
saying:

nothing

nothing

sweet nothing.


5 comments:

daisymarie said...

very sweet something.
as i reat i felt my breath slowing and my heart opening.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

violet said...

You have a wonderful gift for dissecting the moment, looking deep into it with a loving microscope, and the skill with words to take us with you. Thank you!

The Krow said...

mmmmmmmmmmm those words are tasty! They speak sweetly to the inner stillness in me. Constantly I encounter Psalms 46:10 it speaks such beauty to me. Your rendition/poem is beautiful... I speaks the stillness God is trying to say to us in this rushed life... in the sweet nothing there is God.

upwords said...

That made my heart open, like petals.

seeker of truth said...

images to my feelings
words to my thoughts
The journey is important and needs to be shared
Thank God for people to do it with, for people to be able to articulate the most amazing parts of it
God is good all the time we just need to be reminded of that....BE still and KNOW....thanks