Monday, May 24, 2004

I Loved A Boy, Pt. 3

We are never alone. We have never been alone. The God who loves us, the counter of sparrows, He who dresses the lily in splendor...He is in Love with us.

"I was there," He says.

"I really hope that's not true, Lord."

"I was with you that day. I was with you the night before, pleading with you in your dreams. I didn't want you to be hurt."

"I got hurt."

"I know. I was there."

And then He asked me for something. "Return," He said, "Give Me that day, and I will heal you."

"Hold it. Now you're asking for too much. I can't give you that day. That was a *bad* day."

"Go back with me. I will show you I was there."

"Lord, I don't particularly want you there. Again, it was *bad* day."

"Then, let Me redeem it. Let Me heal it."

"No."

"I know you are afraid."

"Yes. I am. So leave me alone."

"I never leave you alone. I'm in love with you."

"Stop it."

"I AM."

"I know what your name is, Lord."

"I AM in love with you."

"I know."

"You don't know."

"Can we talk about this later?"

"That day--give it to me. It's time."

"I really don't think it's a good idea."

"You offered it to *him*."

"That's different."

"He is not the one that can change things. I AM."

"You know that whole 'I AM ' thing really works for you."

"I KNOW. Don't try to change the subject."

"Why do I argue with you? You know everything. It's an unfair advantage."

"I KNOW that you need healing. So give."

"Awwwwww."

"Give it to me."

"I'm ashamed of it."

"Do you remember what I said about making your bed in hell?"

"Yes. I've made a lot of beds in hell. I'm a regular chambermaid in hell."

"No, you're not."

"I am."

"Hey that's MY Name."

"Sorry."

He outstretches out His arms, and His hands--the nail scars are there. "I love you. Give me that day."

And I stop fighting and free fall into his embrace.


More tomorrow. And remember, He will hold you if you let Him.
The Raga D--the girl who Jesus loves.

1 comment:

Jules Quincy Stephens said...

Hey, God **does** have a sense of humor!